Wordsage is a mobile phone application designed to help people expand their vocabulary. The system is currently being developed for Android.
It enables you to:
- Take vocabulary tests and view a summary of results
- Maintain a list of words and definitions to be tested on
- Add new words easilyi, by searching automatically for their definitions.
Conferencr is a mobile application that enables the user to start instant conference calls with people from his phone's contact list.
The concept and its features were devised by Jumpwire. We were contracted by Swift Connect Limited to:
- Produce an extensive specification detailing the project's requirements and mapping out a release plan for development
- Calculate telephone line usage estimates (based on a modified Erlang B formula)
- Develop prototypes of a mobile application (for Android, iPhone & Bada), billing system (Ruby on Rails 3.0) and backend IVR (Erlang and FreeSWITCH)
The system is currently undergoing testing, and is in the private alpha stage.
Wafflebox was a free service that aimed to add a new, personal element to profile pages, blogs and websites, by bringing the dimension of voice to social networking. It allowed you to:
- Hear from your friends on your profile pages
- Receive voice messages on your website
- Start a voice blog
The Wafflebox website was developed using ASP.NET 2.0 with C#. We created a custom IVR application to process calls and messages. Users could add a Flash widget - showing their waffles and displaying their Wafflebox phone number - to their Facebook account, blogs and other websites. Branded widgets could be created for companies on request.
Wafflebox was Jumpwire's first project and featured on the BBC's Click programme.
Conexall is an easy way for groups to communicate via their preferred communications media and to share messages, documents, photos and videos. It allowed you to:
- Send a message to a group of contacts by phone, text or email
- Messages are received by each group member via their preferred communications medium
- View and post messages and files via a group's homepage, and chat to other online group members
- Initiate instant "call-out" conference calls with a group
Swift Connect Limited contracted Jumpwire to analyse their requirements and to specify, design (the architecture and UX) and develop a proof of concept system. We also integrated a "design" provided by third party web designers chosen by the client.
We developed the main Conexall website and the system backend using ASP.NET 2.0 with C#, and implemented the IVR aspects of the system using Envox 6.3.